Monday 1 May 2017

Solving Novatech Laptop A15 WIFI problem on Windows 10



Novatech Laptop A15 WIFI problem on Windows 10







"Hi,
After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Novatech A15HE Laptop, the Wifi won't turn on. The switch is grayed out under the Windows network settings panel.
There is no physical switch for the Wifi, only a "soft" (touch sensitive) switch above the keyboard so I think this might have something to do with drivers for those soft keys.
I was forced to switch back to Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Even an application which can turn the Wifi on/off would be a step in the right direction."
Wrote on a forum at Novatech (link Here)

After having found my old laptop and decided to upgrade it from the pre-install windows 7 to windows 10. i cam accross a few issues. This is what I found.


  • windows 10 upgrade no longer available
  • WIFI not switching on on laptop.



Firstly I found that windows 10 is still available if you use windows 7 or 8 and take advantage of the Assistive Technologies offer from Microsoft, 
Most of the bumf I needed was found here.

After doing my download and getting windows 10 up and running with my “assistive technologies” 
i found the wifi function to be blacked out and was unable to switch it on with the upper photo bar hotkeys buttons None of thse buttons fuctioned not even the volumn buttons.

I was able to eventually find and download the latest drivers for this and the Wifi adaptor from the web. As I had read on Novatechs forum that there was no updates fro windows 10 for my laptop which i thought was not very good as the laptop was only a couple of years old.

The drivers for the Atheros AR9002WB-1nG can be found HERE



Now I have a fully working laptop again.
Hope this information use full for someone please feel free to leave comment or ask questions I will do my best to help.

Have a GREAT day. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts